As a returning student to university, can you observe a pattern of behavior/habits that has led to you getting the results you have got, during your time at school, college and university? If you are not happy with this pattern or the results you have received, please consider the following 10 points to help you become even more aware of some of the potential reasons for this.
- We keep focussing on our weaknesses rather than cultivating our strengths.
- We keep saying ‘Yes!’ to every social event that we are invited to.
- We repeat the same old habits/patterns.
- We don’t ask for help.
- We don’t give ourselves permission to be excellent.
- We leave things to the last minute.
- We keep thinking the same thoughts.
- We copy the majority and what they are doing/not doing.
- We don’t access the support that is available to us.
- We keep on believing the ‘old’ negative labels of teachers or other authority figures about what is possible for us.
1. Which of the above do you keep doing?
2. What else would you add to the above list?
3. What could you do to get a different outcome?
4. What has led to successful results/outcomes?
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net.